Who are we
UBUNYE Business Forum is a non- racial forum, which was founded in 2016 with the main purpose of influencing and growing community businesses in pursuit of socio-economic upliftment, justice, fairness and equity. The UBUNYE Business Forum will be vocal on community concerns, keep community leaders accountable and encourage economic participation of local businesses. The forum stands for the development and empowerment of local businesses.The forum is in no way affiliated to any political party but we are however not neutral on matters of economic transformation, we believe business opportunities should speak to the demographics of the community in which the business operate in.
To be the leading forum in the development of Entrepreneurs and advancing socio-economic transformation in local communities and beyond.
The UBUNYE Business Forum stands for the development and empowerment of both local business men and woman which reflect the demographics and values of the broader society.
The UBUNYE BF espouses a value system which embraces high business ethics. The forum will help build confidence and capacity amongst local business by providing a support structure that facilitates their integration into a business environment which is often hostile and unsupportive.
The UBUNYE BF is committed to working for business unity and non-racialism. To this effect we participate with all community forums, religious group leadership, school governing bodies and all other organisations that operate within the community.
The UBUNYE BF is committed to achieving its objectives by:
• Ensuring appropriate processes in recruitment, selection and promotion within organisations
• Upholding and enhancing the highest professional standards and principles in business and management leadership
• Assuming the role of an effective voice for the needs, aspirations and views of its members
• Facilitating the provision of career guidance services and facilities to members, especially students
• Promoting and maintaining working relationships with the organisations and interest groups that pursue similar objectives to the forum.
• Being an effective platform for the exchange of information , views and experiences through dynamic forum meetings
• Promoting awareness of the importance of managerial and leadership skills to the advancement of meaningful economic participation and empowerment
Our People (Interim leadership)
Denzel Heslop Awie MeyersChairperson Deputy Chairperson
Shiela Rothman Mark Van WykSecretary Treasurer